Mr. Harts Creative Writing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the dream

3 posters

Go down

the dream  Empty the dream

Post  SamBaki Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:17 pm

"He no longer dreamed of storms, nor of women, nor of great occurrences, nor of great fish, nor fights, nor contests of strength, nor of his wife" knowing that hemingway had a lot of wives, seen lots of women, is a fisherman, has been in the army i thought when i read this was that hemingway probably had dreams about those things.

SamBaki

Back to top Go down

the dream  Empty Re: the dream

Post  HannahW Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:22 pm

I was going to post the same quote! What I thought is that Hemingway, or at least the old fisherman, no longer wants or finds the need to dream about those kinds of desires. The quote goes on to say that he only dreams of places. This could mean that he only wishes to get away from what is going on in his life, maybe even into the afterlife.

HannahW

Back to top Go down

the dream  Empty !!!!

Post  Kayla I. Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:21 pm

I was also thinking this quote relates to what Hemingway used to dream about. Maybe towards the beginning it was all about more of the material things, but as his life went on, he became depressed and those material things were no longer important. He only dream t of places he could escape to because he needed some sort of release.

Kayla I.

Back to top Go down

the dream  Empty Re: the dream

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down