Mr. Harts Creative Writing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on pages 13-17

4 posters

Go down

Thoughts on pages 13-17 Empty Thoughts on pages 13-17

Post  Michelle M. Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:39 pm

While reading through pages 13-17, I've been thinking a lot about how the man's self confidence is going down slowly. Not saying that he is down on him self but, I can sort of see what he's trying to explain. The quote on page 16, "Once there had been a tinted photograph of his wife on the wall but he had taken it down because it made him too lonely to see it and it was on the shelf in the corner under his clean shirt", in my opinion, I think that his wife was a big impact on his life and he is trying to become a better person.

Michelle M.

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on pages 13-17 Empty Re: Thoughts on pages 13-17

Post  Jacob M Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:04 pm

I agree that he is losing self confidence while the story progresses, but i think that he is not necessarily trying to become a better man now. In my opinion he is just trying to teach the boy as much as he can before he can't teach him any longer.

Jacob M

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on pages 13-17 Empty i agree

Post  Jazmine P Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:31 pm

I agree that the oldman is losing confidence in him self but he is also old and wise and you can tell he is wise by the quote on pg 23 " I may not be as strong as I think" "but I know many tricks and I have a resolution". He old and wise enough to have tricks up his sleeve but I'm unsure about what he could mean when he says he has a resoultion... is this linked to his suicide his.... resolution was to kill him self..was that going to solve his problems.... just a thought! And I agree that he tryin to teach the boy what he knows and pass on some wisdom to him too.

Jazmine P

Back to top Go down

Post  corvon r Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:48 pm

i agree with you also but i also think he could be saying that the solution can be him saying he found a way to connect others throu his writting career. you never know but he really might have somthing up his sleeve which probably was this SHORT STORY that we are reading now.

corvon r

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down