Mr. Harts Creative Writing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The little boy

3 posters

Go down

The little boy  Empty The little boy

Post  DanielleL Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:05 pm

Hemingway keeps wishing for the boy but when they are together and the boy suggests help from his family Hemingway refuses. I feel like the boy could also represent other writers and trying to help hemingway with new ideas

DanielleL

Back to top Go down

The little boy  Empty A Moveable Feast

Post  Admin Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:31 pm

I read Hemingway's "A Moveable Feast," which is a short, short non-fiction novel about his time in Paris hanging out with other famous writers. Remember, he was the last superstar celebrity novelist in American culture; at any rate, he had a wide social circle of other writers. You could even go so far as to say other writers were his main source of friendships. Knowing this, I wonder myself if the boy is a beginning writer. I am reminded of the quote, "The old man had taught the boy to fish and the boy loved him" (Forgot the page, sorry... 15ish?).

Admin
Admin

https://mrhartscreativewrit.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

The little boy  Empty Re: The little boy

Post  HannahW Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:48 pm

I was remembering something Mr. Hart said in class about Hemingway's genius. Mr. Hart said that since Hemingway was so smart, he was bored of others who couldn't meet his intelligence. What I was thinking was when other writers, i.e. the boy, would try to help him, he would rather be alone. But in truth he desperately wanted their help in succeeding his mission but was too late in asking them. Like every time he would regret not bringing the boy along with him, it was like he regretted not seeking help from his peers.

HannahW

Back to top Go down

The little boy  Empty Re: The little boy

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum