Mr. Harts Creative Writing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caught an Idea

2 posters

Go down

Caught an Idea Empty Caught an Idea

Post  Andrew L Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:06 pm

In the story he has a fish on the line, but he hasn't captured it yet nor reel it in. This would mean has a hold of an idea which he believes would make him write a bestselling novel or be one of the greatest works of literature of all time. But he can't thing about anything else otherwise he would lose his train of thought and it would slip away from him. Like when you remember you have to do something and you go to the other room to do it but you forget what you went for. Like that kind of situation.

Andrew L

Back to top Go down

Caught an Idea Empty Brainstorming

Post  Kayla I. Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:46 am

Andrew L wrote:In the story he has a fish on the line, but he hasn't captured it yet nor reel it in. This would mean has a hold of an idea which he believes would make him write a bestselling novel or be one of the greatest works of literature of all time. But he can't thing about anything else otherwise he would lose his train of thought and it would slip away from him. Like when you remember you have to do something and you go to the other room to do it but you forget what you went for. Like that kind of situation.

Oh my gosh, that just made me think. What if him keeping the smaller fish as bait, is like having a small idea (small fish) and using that small idea to form an even bigger idea (catching the big fish).
It's hard for me to put my thoughts into words... but maybe this is like Hemingway using a simple idea to create a masterpiece. AKA, using the smaller fish to catch the bigger fish.

Kayla I.

Back to top Go down