Mr. Harts Creative Writing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

alarm clock

4 posters

Go down

alarm clock Empty alarm clock

Post  SamBaki Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:12 pm

i noticed on page 24, it says " Age is my alarm clock". we i read this i was thinking that hemingway is getting old and he doesnt have a lot of time to waste.

SamBaki

Back to top Go down

alarm clock Empty Re: alarm clock

Post  VivianH Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:36 pm

May be Hemingway is feeling constricted because of his growing age. Alarm clocks are meant to make us alert and force us to get ready for something. Hemingway's growing age could be a sign to get ready for the inevitable. Perhaps death?

VivianH

Back to top Go down

alarm clock Empty i agree

Post  patrickc Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:11 pm

i think vivian is right on this, age as his alarm clock could be a way of saying that his aage has awoken him to the possibility of as vivian says the innevitable possibly death

patrickc

Back to top Go down

alarm clock Empty ALARM CLOCK

Post  Jazmine P Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:17 pm

I thought when he said age was his alarm clock that he mean that he is getting old and his writing is geting old and he's running out of time to create something new that the new generation could recognize him for or something that can keep his reputation alive

Jazmine P

Back to top Go down

alarm clock Empty hmm

Post  patrickc Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:21 pm

that makes sense too. man this book is so confusing with all the possible meanings Shocked

patrickc

Back to top Go down

Post  VivianH Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:24 pm

Jazmine P wrote:I thought when he said age was his alarm clock that he mean that he is getting old and his writing is geting old and he's running out of time to create something new that the new generation could recognize him for or something that can keep his reputation alive
I also thought the same as well. I also think about if the old man is going to turn off the alarm clock, meaning that he is ready to face the new generation and bring back his reputation to its glory days. Or is he going to let the alarm go as it pleases and see what happens?

VivianH

Back to top Go down

Post  VivianH Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:25 pm

patrickc wrote:that makes sense too. man this book is so confusing with all the possible meanings Shocked
Mind-blowing isn't it?

VivianH

Back to top Go down

alarm clock Empty yupz

Post  patrickc Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:28 pm

it realy is lol!

patrickc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down