Mr. Harts Creative Writing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

not having any luck

4 posters

Go down

not having any luck  Empty not having any luck

Post  SamBaki Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:34 pm

"only i have no luck any more. but who knows? maybe today. Every day is a new day" when i saw this i thought even though things weren't going hemingway's way he still had hope that the next day would be better.

SamBaki

Back to top Go down

not having any luck  Empty Re: not having any luck

Post  Jacob M Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:52 pm

I feel that the old man has no choice but to be optimistic because if he gave up he would not have any chance of getting any food. I'm not sure how this would translate into Hemingway's life though, maybe he stayed optimistic while writing this book even through writers blocks?

Jacob M

Back to top Go down

not having any luck  Empty Hmm...

Post  Kayla I. Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:25 pm

Maybe this signifies that Hemingway did have hope in his everyday life. He knew he was down on his luck but he still tried to stay positive and get by. It makes me think about the fact that he didn't actually commit suicide until like, two years after this book was written... maybe during that time he was trying to work on himself, and get better.

Kayla I.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gina R. Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:08 pm

yeah, I agree with "Kayla I" because Hemingway did commit suicide two years later after the book was published. Meaning that this story, was his
last chance to redeem himself giving him hope towards the future, but unfortunately it did not work for him. Perhaps because he felt that he could not keep up with life and its obstacles.

Gina R.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum