Mr. Harts Creative Writing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eating- pg 27

5 posters

Go down

Eating- pg 27 Empty Eating- pg 27

Post  Jacob M Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:40 pm

"For a long time now eating had bored him and he never carried a lunch" (27), I don't understand how one can get bored of eating, it's necessary to live... I feel that this could hint at Hemingway's suicide, but I'm not quite sure, any ideas or comments?

Jacob M

Back to top Go down

Eating- pg 27 Empty Another thought.

Post  Jerald B Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:00 pm

I agree with you, when i read this quote i also felt as if that represented him having writers block. not having the desire to eat translates to not having the desire to write? maybe it bored him.

Just a thought could go either way. Wink

Jerald B

Back to top Go down

Eating- pg 27 Empty Re: Eating- pg 27

Post  VivianH Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:34 am

Jerald B wrote:I agree with you, when i read this quote i also felt as if that represented him having writers block. not having the desire to eat translates to not having the desire to write? maybe it bored him.

Just a thought could go either way. Wink

Maybe he is so focused on fishing (writing) that he felt it consumed him so much that he never had the desire to do anything else?

VivianH

Back to top Go down

Eating- pg 27 Empty !!!

Post  Kayla I. Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:16 pm

As soon as a read this quote i thought of suicide... How can you lose the desire to eat? Eating is something we need to live, and if he refuses to eat, maybe that signifies his want to end his life. It almost sounds like he is giving up when he says he doesn't feel like eating.

Kayla I.

Back to top Go down

Post  Amber A. Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:16 pm

I also feel like hemingway is giving up on life when he refuses to eat. "Eat to live not live to eat". This quote means you have to eat to be able to survive but don't eat till there is no more of you

Amber A.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum