Mr. Harts Creative Writing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hemingway

2 posters

Go down

Hemingway  Empty Hemingway

Post  Karissa J Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:11 pm

"But are they worthy to eat him? No, of course not. There is no one worhty of eating him from the manner of his behaviour and his great dignity." If this qoute means that Hemingway is too much of a genesis for people to comprehend his writing why would Hemingway keep writing?

Karissa J

Back to top Go down

Hemingway  Empty Re: Hemingway

Post  Kayla I. Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:22 pm

Karissa J wrote:"But are they worthy to eat him? No, of course not. There is no one worhty of eating him from the manner of his behaviour and his great dignity." If this qoute means that Hemingway is too much of a genesis for people to comprehend his writing why would Hemingway keep writing?

I have thought about that too. Why keep writing if you don't think people are worthy of reading your work?
Maybe Hemingway does not write for others, but writes for himself. It seems like writing is Hemingway's drug, he cannot stop doing it. Even though in some parts of the story he makes it seem as though his career is a burden, the truth is he can't stop. And even though he may not think others understand his work, it is a necessity for him to put his work out there.

Kayla I.

Back to top Go down