Mr. Harts Creative Writing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joe DiMaggio vs Hemingway

2 posters

Go down

Joe DiMaggio vs Hemingway Empty Joe DiMaggio vs Hemingway

Post  Admin Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:46 am

Joe DiMaggio would have been a well known figure around the time of this book's publication. I am not an enormous sports fan, so I'll relay something that was told to me about this man a while back. Apparently he has one of the most impressive achievements in all of sports. Analysts frequently decide that his 52 game hitting streak is the record that stands out as the most difficult to achieve in any major sport. He was a legend of the sort that Marilyn Monroe found attractive, and so she married him. At any rate, one of the side effects of genius is a mean egotistical streak, so I am curious to know what you guys think when we come accross passages when the old man compares himself to this baseball legend. He's starting to do it already, and he will continue to as the book progresses. -Hart

Admin
Admin

https://mrhartscreativewrit.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Joe DiMaggio vs Hemingway Empty Possibly Jumping the Gun

Post  Kayla I. Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:16 am

Though we haven't seen too much of the old man comparing himself to this legend yet, i was thinking that maybe he compares himself to someone with such a high status quot because he too has seen glory days. When he was younger and a better fisher, he was at the peak of his success (same as the legend) but over time, grew tired and wasn't as keen on his skills. He feels he can relate to this former all star because he once felt like one. This could also reflect on how Hemingway felt in real life.

Kayla I.

Back to top Go down